This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Fried Eggs and Veggies
This nutrient-rich breakfast will keep you full for hours! Packed with fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins. Loaded with high amounts of vitamins A, and C, and high in calcium...this is a great way to start a healthy energized day!
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ tbs + tbs. coconut oil or butter
- 1 yellow or summer squash, chopped
- 3 carrots, julienned,
- 1 cup snap peas, whole or halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3-4 tbs. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs. basil, chopped,
- 2-4 eggs per person
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
1. Melt one and a half tablespoons coconut oil or butter in skillet.
2. Add squash, carrots, and snap peas and cook 3–4 minutes.
3. Next, add tomatoes, and cook a couple of minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté a minute.
5. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat. Add pumpkin seeds and basil, stirring to combine.
6. Melt half teaspoon coconut oil or butter in a small skillet and fry eggs sunny side up. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve veggies with fried eggs and sliced avocado on the side.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 39 g||61 %|
|Saturated Fat 11 g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 201 mg||67 %|
|Sodium 555 mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1546 mg||44 %|
|Total Carbohydrate34 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15 g||62 %|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 29 g||58 %|
|Vitamin A||582 %|
|Vitamin C||121 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.