Fried Eggs and Veggies
This nutrient-rich breakfast will keep you full for hours! Packed with fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins. Loaded with high amounts of vitamins A, and C, and high in calcium...this is a great way to start a healthy energized day!
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ tbs + tbs. coconut oil or butter
- 1 yellow or summer squash, chopped
- 3 carrots, julienned,
- 1 cup snap peas, whole or halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3-4 tbs. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs. basil, chopped,
- 2-4 eggs per person
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
1. Melt one and a half tablespoons coconut oil or butter in skillet.
2. Add squash, carrots, and snap peas and cook 3–4 minutes.
3. Next, add tomatoes, and cook a couple of minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté a minute.
5. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat. Add pumpkin seeds and basil, stirring to combine.
6. Melt half teaspoon coconut oil or butter in a small skillet and fry eggs sunny side up. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve veggies with fried eggs and sliced avocado on the side.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 39 g||61 %|
|Saturated Fat 11 g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 201 mg||67 %|
|Sodium 555 mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1546 mg||44 %|
|Total Carbohydrate34 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15 g||62 %|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 29 g||58 %|
|Vitamin A||582 %|
|Vitamin C||121 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|