This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Instant Breakfast Creamed Almonds
This warm and tasty dish will be a great start to your day. Loaded with fiber, protein, and potassium, this heart-healthy meal will keep you full for hours.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup almonds, (raw, unsalted)
- 3/4 cup coconut shreds, unsweetened
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- add stevia to taste
- 2 Tbsp. blueberries (optional)
- In a blender or your food processor combine almonds and coconut shreds. Blend for around 30 seconds.
- Transfer to the bowl of your Instant Pot and pour the water, coconut oil, and stevia sweetener; stir.
- Lock lid into place and set on the PORRIDGE setting for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, press “Cancel” and carefully flip the Quick Release valve to let the pressure out.
- Stir the porridge, taste and adjust sweetness.
- Serve hot.
Visit the link below to learn the easiest way to go keto:
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 35 g||54 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 95 mg||4 %|
|Potassium 260 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate33 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8 g||30 %|
|Sugars 20 g|
|Protein 7 g||15 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.