This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Eggs, Zuchinni and Pepper Skillet
Start your morning with a high fat, moderate amount of protein and veggies to keep you full for hours. High in potassium, vitamins C and A, and low in carbs, this will be a morning favorite!
Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 1 Zucchini squash sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on high.
- Add vegetables and saute for 2 minutes until soft.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, pour into heated skillet, lower heat to medium/low
- Swirl eggs to cover edges of the pan, as it cooks. Do not stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes, covered, or until center is set.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14 g 22 %
Saturated Fat 6 g 29 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 465 mg 155 %
Sodium 326 mg 14 %
Potassium 334 mg 10 %
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 17 g 33 %
Vitamin A 51 %
Vitamin C 131 %
Calcium 8 %
Iron 14 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.