This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Prosciutto Eggs and Herb Skillet
Eggs are an excellent source of protein, vitamins D and B, zinc, selenium and copper. Be sure to eat the yolks too so that you get all the necessary benefits of this tasty and simple to prepare dish.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. Ghee
- 1 tsp. Dill weed chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 slices prosciutto chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a skillet on high.
- Whisk eggs, and pour into the heated skillet.
- Swirl eggs to cover edges of the pan, as it cooks. Do not stir.
- Lay prosciutto, eggs, and herbs onto egg mixture.
- Cover and lower heat. When the center is set, eggs are done.
- Cut in half and slide gently onto 2 plates.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11 g 18 %
Saturated Fat 4 g 19 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211 mg 70 %
Sodium 734 mg 31 %
Potassium 496 mg 14 %
Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 16 g 32 %
Vitamin A 64 %
Vitamin C 59 %
Calcium 9 %
Iron 17 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.