This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Paleo Pancetta Deviled Eggs
This savory classic is a great snack or meal. Loaded with protein, Vitamin A and potassium, and healthy fats...this recipe is a healthier version of the "old classic" with the Paleo Mayo!
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 slices smoked pancetta (1/4 " thick)
- 2 large shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- Paleo Mayo (see recipe in blog search)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- dash paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced radish for garnish
1. Boil eggs for 15 minutes.
2. Run under cool water until room temperature. Remove shells and cut in half lengthwise. Toss yolks into a small mixing bowl and place egg whites on a plate.
3. Dice pancetta and cook on medium-high until crispy. Add to yolks.
4. Dice shallots and garlic and throw in the same pan, letting it cook in pork fat a minute until everything is browned. Add garlic and shallots to bowl with yolks and pancetta.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 55 g||85 %|
|Saturated Fat 10 g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 1006mg||335 %|
|Sodium 523 mg||22 %|
|Potassium 429 mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate8 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||2 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 35 g||70 %|
|Vitamin A||424 %|
|Vitamin C||5 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
5. Slowly add the Paleo Mayo to a bowl and fold everything together. Add Dijon mustard, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon mixture into Ziploc bag. Cut off a small corner of bag and pipe mixture into egg white halves. Garnish with sliced radish and chopped parsley.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.