This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
- 8 Large Portobello Mushroom Caps Destemmed
- 1 Lb. Ground Sausage
- 4 Shallots, chopped
- 2 Zucchini, Chopped
- 8 Cups greens of choice, chopped
- 8 Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. With a damp paper towel, wipe portobellos clean. Place on a large baking dish lined with parchment paper.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage 7–8 minutes or until almost done.
4. Add shallots, zucchini, and greens; cook 3–5 more minutes.
5. Fill each portobello with mixture, packing tightly. Bake 15–20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, fry eggs for each mushroom cap.
7. Remove portabellos and place on plates. Top each with a fried egg and serve with raw sauerkraut, kimchi, or other fermented veggie.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.