This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 60 MINUTES
- 5 Medium apples (sweet apples like honey crisps are great)
- 1 Cup almond meal/flour
- 1 Cup crushed cashew nut clusters
- 1 TBSP. cinnamon
- 2 TBSP. 100% maple syrup
- 4 TBSP. coconut oil
- 1 Lemon
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F.
- WASH, CORE, AND thinly slice the apples.
- PLACE APPLES IN the baking dish, squeeze the juice of 1 medium-sized lemon and drizzle maple syrup over all the layered apples. Mix apples around.
- IN A SEPARATE bowl, mix the almond meal, crushed nut clusters, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Spread the crumble topping over the layered apples.
- COVER AND BAKE for 50 minutes. When apples are soft and their juices begin to bubble, remove the cover and bake 10 more minutes until crispy brown.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.