Carne Asada Tacos (with Cauliflower Tortillas)
Table of Contents:
Prep Time: 30 minutes for marinade (at least 1 hour, up to 2 days)
Cook Time 20-25 Minutes
- 2 Lbs. Skirt Steak
- 3 TBSP. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 5 Scallions, White Part Only, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1 Lime, Zested & Juiced
- 1 Tsp. Avocado Oil For Cooking
- 2 Tsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced Lengthwise
- 2 Tsp. Latin Spice Blend
- 2 Zucchini, Cut Into Matchsticks
- 2 Yellow Squash, Cut Into Matchsticks
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 Lime
- 1-2 TBSP. Coconut Aminos
- Handful Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Carrot, Shredded
- Bell Pepper
- Avocado Chunks
- In Shallow baking dish, combine all carne asada ingredients.
- Marinate at least an hour or up to 2 days.
- Add Teaspoon avocado oil to cast-iron skillet or heat grill on medium-high heat.
- Sear each side 3-4 minutes or until you get a nice golden sear.
- Rest Meat 3 minutes before slicing. Slice meat against the grain.
- Heat Medium skillet on medium heat.
- Placed baked tortilla in the pan, press down slightly. Brown 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions, mushrooms, and Latin spice blend in 2 teaspoons of avocado oil until mushrooms are tender.
- Next, add zucchini and yellow squash and cook a few more minutes.
- Add coconut aminos and cook a couple more minutes to combine.
- Season to taste. Finish with a squeeze lime and a handful of fresh cilantro.
- Top each tortilla with meat, taco filling, and any other toppings you choose.