This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Autumn Pork Chops and Apples Skillet
- 4 Thick cut Bone in Pork Chops
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple halved
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Walnut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Ground fennel seasoning
- 1 Clove garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary diced
- 1 Tsp. Sea salt
- 1 Tsp. Fresh ground tri-colored peppercorns
- Heat oil and butter in a large cast iron skillet, add in garlic, salt and pepper.
- Wash and cut apples in half, cut core out.
- In skillet lay chops and apple face down, add apple cider vinegar, and other seasonings, and cook on low heat covered for 3 minutes on one side.
- Flip chops, keeping apples face down, uncover and cook on medium high heat until center of chops are very slightly pink.
- Before serving, sprinkle with rosemary.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.