Herbed Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
- 1 whole 3- 3/12 pound Pasture raised chicken
- 1 Small yellow onion sliced
- 1 Orange Pepper sliced
- 2 Green zucchini sliced
- 1 Yellow zucchini sliced
- 4 Tbsp. fresh mixed chopped herbs (dill, rosemary, parsley, oregano)
- 2 Tbsp. ghee or grass fed butter
- 2 Cloves garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry inside and outside of the chicken, after removing giblets.
- Sprinkle seasonings and herbs inside and onto the chicken.
- Melt butter into a pan.
- Lay chicken in roasting pan and lay vegetables around the chicken.
- Drizzle melted butter onto the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 450, then lower oven temperature to 350 and roast for another hour.
- Insert meat thermometer into the bone by the leg and check for temperature of 180 Degrees or 82 F, or pierce with a fork and check for doneness when juice is running clear.
- When done, take out of the oven and lay onto serving platter surrounded by the vegetables. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device