This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Skillet Chicken Drumsticks with Leeks
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 large leeks, diced
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, or broth
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 tsp. Sage
- Fresh pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil and leeks, onion, garlic and sage until leeks are soft.
- Add in broth and chicken.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes simmering on low.
- Uncover and add butter and turn heat to medium high.
- Continue to cook while turning legs until skin is browned for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Check for doneness by taking one leg out and piercing with a fork, the juice should run clear when cooked through.
Visit the link below to learn the easiest way to go keto:
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.