Skillet Chicken Drumsticks with Leeks
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 large leeks, diced
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, or broth
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 tsp. Sage
- Fresh pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil and leeks, onion, garlic and sage until leeks are soft.
- Add in broth and chicken.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes simmering on low.
- Uncover and add butter and turn heat to medium high.
- Continue to cook while turning legs until skin is browned for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Check for doneness by taking one leg out and piercing with a fork, the juice should run clear when cooked through.
Visit the link below to learn the easiest way to go keto:
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device