This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
One Pot Savory Pork and Mushrooms
The mushrooms provide fiber, vitamin B, potassium, and copper that aid in immune-boosting and healing, in addition to the muscle-building protein in the pork.
Cook time 35 minutes
Prep time 15 minutes
Carb content - 16 gms. per serving
- 2 pork chop loins, sliced very thin
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable or beef, broth or stock
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Tarragon
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- In a large saucepan heat butter, onion, garlic, and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in arrowroot powder until it makes a light paste.
- Add in the pork, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the broth and almond milk and stir while cooking on low until it slightly begins to thicken.
- Cover and continue to cook on low for approximately 25 minutes
Visit the link below to learn the easiest way to go keto:
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11 g 17 %
Saturated Fat 4 g 21 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg 16 %
Sodium 1018 mg 42 %
Potassium 57 mg 2 %
Total Carbohydrate16 g 5 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 12 g 25 %
Vitamin A 50 %
Vitamin C 4 %
Calcium 18 %
Iron 2 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.