Quick Pan Seared Pork Chop
Pork is loaded with muscle-building protein in addition to thiamine, a B vitamin that is not found in red meat. Pork also contains zinc, vitamin B12, selenium, niacin, phosphorus and iron making this dish a great choice for the Paleo eater!
Cook and prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 center-cut bone-in pork chop (works with boneless as well)
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbs. butter, ghee or coconut oil
1. Pat pork chop completely dry. Season liberally with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Heat cast-iron or stainless steel skillet on medium-high. If pan is cast-iron, give it at least 5 minutes to reach the proper temperature.
3. Add fat, from butter, coconut oil or ghee. (Because we are using higher heat, avoid olive oil.)
4. Once fat sizzling (but not smoking), place chop in pan and let sit 3–5 minutes or until browned to your liking. Do not fuss with meat during this time so it can get a proper crust. Flip and sear other side 3 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and allow chop to rest 3–5 minutes prior to serving.
Add salad of choice, and you have an awesome Paleo- and keto-friendly meal in 15 minutes!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 33 g||51 %|
|Saturated Fat 18 g||92 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 181 mg||60 %|
|Sodium 1784 mg||74 %|
|Potassium 32 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate1 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||2 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 48 g||97 %|
|Vitamin A||194 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|