Lemon Olive Oil Drink 🍋
LEMON OLIVE OIL DRINK is a refreshing concoction consisting of a whole lemon
(including the rind), water, and olive oil. This simple tonic boosts the immune system and gently detoxifies the liver and lymphatic systems. According to The Immune Restoration Handbook, this simple concoction has helped people with AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, and symptoms related to immune system compromise.
This drink can benefit anyone looking to improve their health and energy; gently
detox; or boost immunity. Consistently and effectively cleansing your body of harmful toxins and infections keep you feeling vibrant and well!
Why Is It Healthy?
The vitamin C and flavonoids found in lemons—along with lemon oil from the
rind—energize the immune system and help fight infection. Lemon oil contains
a constituent called limonene, which has a potent antimicrobial as well as anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. Many are privy to the healing and cleansing
properties of lemon juice and lemon oil (derived from the lemon peel), but the
lemon peel itself actually contains many powerful healing properties. Research
indicates certain flavonoids from citrus fruit peels have been shown to contain anti-cancer, anti-tumor, cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective properties.
EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL:
Extra-virgin olive oil increases the flow of bile from the liver, which helps it release
stored toxins. Once the liver is cleansed, the lymph fluid is able to drain into the liver to be processed and eliminated from the body, resulting in improved lymphatic flow and a ridding of cellular waste products.
- 1 Whole organic lemon
- 4 Cups pure water
- 2 TBS. Extra-virgin olive oil (Organic, unfiltered, cold-pressed)
- A handful of ice cubes (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla S
- 1-Inch piece raw ginger root
- Pinch green leaf stevia to taste (If you need a little more sweetness)
- CLEAN LEMON well. Cut into quarters and throw in a blender (Vitamix works great).
- ADD 4 cups cold filtered water followed by olive oil, ice, and any add-in options. Blend on high a minute.
- POUR MIXTURE through a fine-mesh strainer to remove lemon seeds and pulp, which can be discarded.
- YOUR BEVERAGE is now ready to consume! We recommend drinking one 6–8-oz. glass. You can store leftovers in a glass containers for several days.