Thai Vegetable Soup
High in flavor, and vitamins...this soup will keep you full with healthy fats. Basil is an excellent source of Vitamins K, C and A, calcium and magnesium and adds a flavor that you'll love!
Cook time: 40 Minutes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green zucchini
- 2-3 raw bamboo shoots sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
Remove the hard peels of bamboo shot, and leave yellow colored and tender parts.
Cut zucchini in half, then slice thin
Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot.
Sauté the garlic for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Add zucchini, sliced bamboo shoots and spinach and cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add all remaining ingredients (except coconut milk) and stir well.
Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour the coconut milk and stir well.
Adjust seasonings and serve.
Visit the link below to learn the easiest way to go keto:
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14 g 22 %
Saturated Fat 13 g 67 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 409 mg 17 %
Potassium 566 mg 16 %
Total Carbohydrate 10 g 3 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 6 g 12 %
Vitamin A 39 %
Vitamin C 23 %
Calcium 13 %
Iron 4 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.