This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Tomato Turkey and Brussels Sprouts Bowl
- 2 Tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Cups cabbage thinly shaved
- 1 Small head of cauliflower chopped
- 1–11⁄2 Lbs. Diced turkey breast (can substitute any protein)
- 2 Tsp. smoky spice blend (P. 185)
- 4–6 Cups baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1⁄4 Cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 Cup basil roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Avocados, cut into chunks
- Olive oil for drizzle or dressing of choice
1. In an extra large skillet over medium heat, melt fat.
2. Cook red onions 5 minutes or until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add cabbage and cauliflower. Cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. While veggies are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add chorizo or beef. Since chorizo produces a lot of fat, pour o fat as needed. Cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
5. Once veggies are tender, add spinach and cook a couple minutes.
6. Stir in red onions.
7. Turn off heat and add parsley and basil.
8. Add meat mixture to veggies. Season to taste.
9. Serve in individual bowls and top with cubed avocado.
10. Drizzle olive oil or dressing of choice on top.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.