This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Asparagus Zoodle Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 15–20 MINUTES
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Shallot, diced small
- 1 Bunch of asparagus, ends broken off cut into 1" chunks
- 1⁄2 Cup Roma tomatoes, halved UP ROMA TOMATOES, HALVED
- 1 Cup zucchini zoodles, (prepared in spiralizer page 192, or 1 zucchini chopped D
- 1 Cup yellow squash prepared in spiralize or chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado oil, or simple lemon dressing (page 168)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil.
2. Add shallots and cook a few minutes.
3. Next, add asparagus and cook 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and allow liquid to reduce 5 minutes on low heat.
5. Add zucchini and yellow squash. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until veggies are fork-tender (stop before zoodles get limp; chopped veggies will take longer than zoodles).
6. Turn off the heat and add parsley. Stir to combine. Season to taste.
7. Top with drizzle of avocado oil, olive oil, or Simple Lemon Dressing.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.