This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Seared Scallops and Citrus Salad
- 8 Large Sea Scallops rinsed and patted dry with paper towel
- 2 oranges, segmented and seeded (squeeze the juice from one and set aside for dressing)
- 2 Cups mixed greens
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- 3 Tbsp. Walnut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- In skillet, add 1 Tbsp. Walnut Oil, and butter. Heat on medium high.
- In small bowl, whisk rest of oil, juice from orange, juice from lemon, salt and pepper. *(Set aside, this is the dressing.)
- In skillet, add scallops. Cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes on one side, flipping for approximately 2-4 minutes on the other side until browned, adding in orange segments.
- Separate greens onto two plates, top with scallops and orange mixture.
- Drizzle dressing over top of each plate.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.