This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Spicy Chicken Pepper Pot
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillets cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 4 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 of a small serrano pepper, seeded and sliced thin (optional as this is VERY spicy)
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 Cup green pea pods
- 2 Cloves Garlic Diced
- 1 Zucchini sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- In a large stockpot, heat oil and spices with garlic and onions. Saute until onions are soft.
- Add in 1/2 Cup of chicken broth.
- Add in chicken breasts and cook uncovered for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add in zucchini and pea pods, red peppers and serrano if using.
- Pour in remaining broth, turn heat to low and cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
*Serrano peppers are very spicy, these are optional!!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.