This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Lamb Burgers with Onions and Avocados
This burger is loaded with muscle-building protein to build and repair a strong body. When served with avocados on top of lettuce and tomatoes, you'll never miss the bun!
Cook and Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Coconut oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 lb. ground lamb or other meat of choice
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
*Sweet potatoes optional side
1. Fire up the grill! While it warms up, melt coconut oil in cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until caramelized.
2. Make lamb patties by putting meat in a bowl and adding garlic powder, salt, pepper, and half to threequarters cup chopped parsley.
3. Hand mix gently and form into 3–4 patties. Throw on grill.
4. When burgers are cooked to your liking, place on romaine lettuce as “bun.” Top with avocado and onions. Sprinkle with leftover parsley. Add any other fixins’ you like!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 32 g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 13 g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 690 mg||29 %|
|Potassium 820 mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate8 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||18 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 32 g||65 %|
|Vitamin A||35 %|
|Vitamin C||53 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.