This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Pear and Walnut Chicken Salad
This salad is loaded with protein, vitamins A, fiber, flavor, and potassium. The healthy fats, protein, and fiber will keep you full, and you'll love the light but flavorful Avocado Dressing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Ghee or coconut oil
- 2 Small chicken breasts or one large one butterflied
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4–6 Cups mixed greens of choice
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (toss with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1⁄2 Cup carrot shredded
- 1⁄4 Cup walnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp. avocado herb dressing (page 170)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a hot skillet, add coconut oil or ghee, place chicken in pan, and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook chicken 4–5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Slice into strips.
- In 2 individual bowls, combine greens, onions, pears, and carrots.
- Add chicken slices and walnuts to each bowl.
- Top with Avocado-Herb Dressing
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17 g 26 %
Saturated Fat 5 g 26 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8 g
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 71 mg 24 %
Sodium 480 mg 20 %
Potassium 813 mg 23 %
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g 28 %
Sugars 12 g
Protein 30 g 61 %
Vitamin A 344 %
Vitamin C 15 %
Calcium 58 %
Iron 14 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.