Pear and Walnut Salad
This salad is loaded with protein, vitamins A, fiber, flavor, and potassium. The healthy fats, protein, and fiber will keep you full, and you'll love the light but flavorful Avocado Dressing!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Ghee or coconut oil
- 2 Small chicken breasts or one large one butterflied
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4–6 Cups mixed greens of choice
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (toss with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1⁄2 Cup carrot shredded
- 1⁄4 Cup walnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp. avocado herb dressing (page 170)
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet, add coconut oil or ghee, place chicken in pan, and turn heat down to medium.
3. Cook chicken 4–5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
4. Slice into strips.
5. In 2 individual bowls, combine greens, onions, pears, and carrots.
6. Add chicken slices and walnuts to each bowl.
7. Top with Avocado-Herb Dressing
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17 g 26 %
Saturated Fat 5 g 26 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8 g
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 71 mg 24 %
Sodium 480 mg 20 %
Potassium 813 mg 23 %
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g 28 %
Sugars 12 g
Protein 30 g 61 %
Vitamin A 344 %
Vitamin C 15 %
Calcium 58 %
Iron 14 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.