This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Raw Kale Avocado Salad with Apples
This salad will satisfy you for hours! Loaded with healthy fats from avocados and nuts, and fiber from the greens...this is a powerhouse of nutrients for all health conscious people! The vitamins A and C are great for boosting immunity as well!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch curly kale destemmed
- 1 tsp, salt
- 3-4 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1-1 1/2 cups apple, chopped (1 small apple works)
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/4 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/2- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Grab a handful of kale, roll it up, and chop into small pieces. Place chopped kale in bowl.
2. Add salt and olive oil to kale, mix well, and let sit.
3. Scoop meat out of halved avocado and place in bowl with kale. With clean hands, massage avocado, olive oil, and salt into kale, working them in until well-combined. (The longer you massage, the softer the kale gets!)
4. Once kale is soft, add chopped apple, avocado chunks, sliced onion, chopped pecans, and pomegranate seeds. Toss and serve.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 44 g||68 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 7 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 846 mg||35 %|
|Potassium 732 mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate30 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||42 %|
|Sugars 18 g|
|Protein 6 g||11 %|
|Vitamin A||346 %|
|Vitamin C||299 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.