Acorn Squash with Ground Lamb and Kale
- 2 Acorn Squash, halved, deseeded (and ends cut off so you can lay it with cut side up)
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 Bunches of Kale, destemmed and chopped
- 11⁄2–2 Lbs ground lamb
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place acorn squash halves upside down in baking dish and add a li le filtered water to dish. Bake 40 minutes or until so and fork goes through easily.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in large skillet and sauté onions.
4. Add kale and cover until mixture cooks down, stirring frequently.
5. Heat teaspoon of coconut oil in second skillet and brown ground lamb.
6. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and coriander to lamb.
7. When kale cooks down, add ground lamb to mixture with slotted spoon.
8. Set aside 2 squash bowls and half lamb- kale mixture for le overs.
9. Place 1 squash bowl on each plate. Spoon half remaining lamb-kale mixture into squash bowls and put additional lamb mix- ture on side of plate.
10. Drizzle olive oil and serve.