Apple And Onion Turkey Stuffing
- 1 Sweet onion
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 4 Fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 Fresh sage leaves
- 2 Apples ( Golden delicious or similar), Quartered
- 1 Stick of butter
- 4 Cups of chicken or veggie stock
- 2 Cups of apple cider vinegar
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 500°F. Place rack at the lowest position. Use a roasting pan with the V rack.
- STUFF THE TURKEY with everything above. Place the turkey breast side up in the pan. Drizzle with oil and pepper. Add 2 cups chicken stock and 1 cup cider. Roast for 30 minutes.
- REDUCE TEMPERATURE TO 350°F. Add the remaining 1 cup of cider plus 2 cups stock, then baste.
- BASTE TURKEY EVERY 30 minutes. A 14- to 16-pound bird should require a total of 2 to 2½ hours of roasting.
- LET THE TURKEY rest, loosely covered with foil or in a large mixing bowl for 15 minutes before carving. Turkey is fully cooked when it reaches 165°F.