Beef Bone Broth
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 24–48 Hours
Yield: 3–4 Cups
- 4 Lbs. beef bones (Can sub whatever is available)
- 5 Quarts filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Place bones on sheet tray and roast 15 minutes or until bones are a beautiful brown.
3. Fill 10-quart stockpot (2 crockpots work just as well) with 5 quarts water.
4. Add bones and ACV. Let sit 15–30 minutes as the ACV pulls more goodness out of the bones. Add onions, carrots, celery, and bay leaves and bring to boil.
5. Simmer 24–48 hours. Skim impurities off the top with spoon on occasion.
6. Remove from heat and cool.
7. Strain out bones and veggies.
8. STORE IN qua containers or mason jars in fridge. You may also freeze in freezer-safe glass jars (cool completely first and leave room for expansion) up to 2 months.