Carrot Ginger Soup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 3–6 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- 1 Large yellow onion chopped
- 1/8 Cup fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Cups bone broth (P. 188 OR P. 189)
- 1–11⁄2 Pounds carrots peeled & cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 Tsp. curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter or ghee.
2. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until onions are tender.
3. Add bone Broth and carrots.
4. Bring the mixture to boil over high heat.
5. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 20– 30 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender.
6. Remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
7. Puree soup in pot using immersion blender or transfer to blender, blend, and pour soup back into the pot.
8. Add lemon juice, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve soup in individual bowls.