Chicken Ceasar Salad
Prep Time: 30 MINUTES
Cook Time: 10 MINUTES
- 2–3 Cups butternut, acorn, delicata, or kabocha squash, Peeled, seeded and cut up into medium cubes (delicata does not have to be peeled)
- 3–4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted + 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tsp. italian herb blend ([age 185)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Small chicken breasts or one large butterflied chicken breast
- 4–6 Cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp capers
- 1⁄4 Cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 4–6 TBSP. Caesar dressing (page 169)
Bacon or pork belly chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place cubed squash on it.
3. In a small bowl, combine melted coconut oil and garlic cloves.
4. Drizzle oil mixture over squash and use hands to coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian Herb Blend.
5. Bake 20–25 minutes or until fork-tender.6. While squash is cooking, prepare chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
7. In a hot skillet, add ghee or coconut oil, place chicken in pan, and turn down heat. Cook 4–5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
8. Slice into strips.
9. Place romaine lettuce in bowl.
10. Add roasted squash, capers, sunflower seeds, and chicken strips as well as any op- tional toppings.
11. Finish with the Caesar Dressing.