- 8 Chicken cutlets or 4 large butterflied breasts pounded thin
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 Onion thinly sliced
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Cup chicken broth (page 189)
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Season Chicken on each side with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil.
3. Dredge cutlets in a shallow dish filled with almond flour, coating well.
4. Two at AT a time (or however many fit in your skillet while still allowing sufficient space), cook chicken 3 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through, depending on thickness.
5. Keep cooked chicken warm on oven-safe dish in 200°F oven.
6. Cook remaining cutlets (add coconut oil if needed).
7. Once finished cooking chicken cutlets, add 5 tablespoons bu er to skillet and scrape browned bits well. Alternatively, if you want a clear sauce, scoop out any toasty almond flour bits le behind.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and onions are translucent.
9. Pour in broth and lemon juice.
10. Turn heat to high stirring constantly and reduce liquid by half.
11.Add sliced lemon, capers, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low.
12. Add chicken to pan and warm it back up before serving.