- 1 Onion cut into chunks
- 2 Carrots, cut into chunks
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3-Lb. Chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Italian herb blend (Page 185)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cups beef bone broth (page 188)
- 2 Cups filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Bay leaf
1. Place chopped veggies and garlic on bottom of crockpot.
2. Pat chuck roast with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Herb Blend.
3. In a hot skillet, melt coconut oil. Sear roast on each side.
4. Next place roast in crockpot. Add broth, water, tomato paste, and bay leaf.
5. Cook 6–8 hours on medium. Time will vary depending on your crockpot setting. You will know it is done if it falls apart when you put a fork in it.
6. Once itis done, remove roast and veggies from crockpot and serve.