- 1 Cup onion, diced
- 6 Slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups bone broth (page 188 or 189)
- 2 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Bunches collard greens, destemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. In 6 - quart saucepan or dutch oven, add bacon pieces. Cook until crispy; remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Place onion and garlic in the same pot and cook in bacon fat for 8 minutes or until onions begin to caramelize.
3. Turn heat to low and add broth, ACV, salt, and collards. Stir to combine.
4. Cover and simmer 30–45 minutes. If there is still excess liquid during this period emove move lid and let cook 5–10 more minutes.
5. Add bacon pieces back to pot and stir to combine.
6. Add salt to taste if needed and serve.