Crockpot Brisket Tacos
This protein-packed dish is easy to make and the spices contain anti-inflammatory properties in addition to being packed with flavor. Serve this in lettuce or cabbage for a low carb tasty meal!
Cook time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 2 tbs. sea salt
- 2 tbs. freshly ground cumin
- 2 tbs. freshly ground coriander
- 1 tbs. turmeric
- 2 tbs. chili powder (chipotle or ancho is great)
- 3-4 lbs. beef brisket (1/2 lb. uncooked brisket per person)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups beef broth (p. 110)
- cabbage leaves or romaine lettuce for taco wraps
Note: If you are sensitive to nightshades, replace chili powder with dried oregano
1. Mix all spices together to create Spice Rub and apply generously to meat.
2. Place brisket in crockpot, then add onions and garlic. Pour in broth. Set on low and cook 4–6 hours or until brisket is tender enough to fall apart. Do not overcook, or you will lose flavor.
3. Once brisket is tender, remove from crockpot and slice against grain on cutting board. Place back inside crockpot to warm in juices. (If you use chuck roast, you do not have to cut it up as it will fall apart naturally).
4. Serve in cabbage or romaine lettuce wraps.
*Complement with taco fixings such as salsa, cilantro, Creamy Guacamole (p. 12), tomatoes, and bell peppers.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 20 g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 83 mg||28 %|
|Sodium 2787 mg||116 %|
|Potassium 624 mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate21 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||21 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 28 g||56 %|
|Vitamin A||23 %|
|Vitamin C||7 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|