Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies
Say yes to these rich and tasty cocoa treats loaded with fiber and potassium. Did you know that cocoa is a very high source of polyphenols? Cocoa reduces inflammation and helps with blood flow and improves cholesterol. The flax meal, and coconut butter is a heart healthy source of fats too, so enjoy these without the guilt!
Cook time: 50 minutes
Coconut oil for greasing pan
1/2 cup coconut butter (can substitute almond butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (can substitute carob powder if you can't have cocoa)
- 1 tbs. flax meal
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 1 cooked sweet potato ( 1 small to medium sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 dropperfuls liquid stevia (add last & adjust as desired)
- 1 cup almond or sunflower seed butter
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 8x8" pan with coconut oil.
2. Melt coconut butter and coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat (careful not to burn).
3. Stir all dry ingredients together.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13 g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 389 mg||16 %|
|Potassium 129 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate13 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||21 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 9 g||18 %|
|Vitamin A||63 %|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
4. Using hand mixer, MIX wet ingredients, including melted coconut butter and coconut oil mixture. Pour into greased pan.
5. Add almond butter or other nut butter (needs to be soft) topping by using spoon to create 4 parallel lines. Use butter knife to marble or swirl almond butter by running knife perpendicular and then the other direction back across brownies. Bake 30 minutes.
6. Let cool before cutting. Refrigerate and serve cooled for a fudgier texture.