How to Poach an Egg
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 3–6 Minutes, depending on how runny you like your yolks
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. distilled white vinegar
- Enough water to fill a saucepan 2/3 full
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Fill medium saucepan about 2/3 full of filtered water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
2. Add teaspoon of distilled white vinegar.
3. Crack egg into a ramekin or small bowl. With the back of a spoon, create gentle whirlpool in simmering water.
4. Slowly ease egg into water so whites wrap around yolk.
5. Cook 3-4 minutes and remove with slotted spoon.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.