How to Poach Shrimp
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 Cups filtered water
- 5" Piece lemongrass, smashed
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. peppercorns
- 1 Lb. Fresh shrimp, peeled & deveined
1. Bring 4 cups water to boil. Turn off heat.
2. Use the back of a knife to smash and crack lemongrass, releasing oils.
3. Add lemongrass, garlic, and peppercorns. Steep 10 minutes—like making tea.
4. In a shallow bowl, pour liquid over peeled and deveined shrimp. Stir with spoon
so hot liquid evenly distributes through shrimp. Allow liquid to poach shrimp 7 minutes (time may vary depending on the size of shrimp).
5. After 7 minutes, taste a shrimp. If needed, continue poaching until done.
6. Once shrimp is poached, remove from liquid and cool in fridge up to 3 minutes before using.