Lamb Roast with Olives and Capers
This protein-rich flavorful meal will warm you up on the coldest days. Savory spices will calm inflammation and garlic has been shown to boost immune power.
Cook time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- One 2.5 lb leg of lamb roast (or any lamb roast)
- 2 tbs. fresh rosemary & oregano, finely chopped
- 5–6 Cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar green olives, sliced (we use the kind with the garlic in the middle)
- 3 tbs. capers
- 1 cup bone broth (p. 110, water can be used if you don't have broth handy)
1. Rub leg of lamb roast with rosemary, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper. Place in crockpot. Top with sliced olives and capers.
2. Add bone broth or water. Set crockpot on low and let cook 8 hours.
3. Dinner is ready when you come home!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 18 g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 168 mg||56 %|
|Sodium 503 mg||21 %|
|Potassium 604 mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate2 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||2 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 51 g||102 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|