- 2–3 Lbs boneless lamb shoulder cut into 1" chunks or buy lamb stewing meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil BSP. COCONUT OIL
- 1 Cup pearl onions (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Cups +1 Cup beef broth
- 2 Cups button mushrooms cut into quarters
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 Cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 Cup peas (fresh or frozen)
1. Season lamb chunks with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt
3. Sear lamb chunks until golden brown. Transfer to crockpot.
4. Add all remaining ingredients to crockpot except peas and 1 cup broth.
5. Deglaze skillet using reserved cup broth, scraping bits from bottom of pan. Pour into crockpot.
6. Cook 6-8 hours on low. Meat should be falling-apart tender.
7. Remove thyme sprig and bay leaves.
8. Add peas 5 minutes before serving so color of peas stays nice and bright.