Pear, Prosciutto & Pistachio Stuffing
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES: BREAD / 10 MINUTES: MIXTURE
COOK TIME: 55 MINUTES: BREAD / 70 MINUTES: STUFFING
- 4 Oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced, but into ribbons (optional).
- 2 Cups sweet onions, chopped
- 2 Cups diced fennel bulbs
- 3 Tsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped.
- ¹∕3 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¹∕3 Cup pistachios, shelled
- 8 Cups paleo bread (Recipe posted below-Make ahead of time)
- 1 1 4 -Ounce can organic chicken broth or veggie broth.
Paleo BreadNOTE: Make this a couple of days in advance.
- 2 Cups blanched almond flour
- 1 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tsp. sea salt
- 5 Organic eggs
- 1 Cup canned coconut milk
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 8 TBSP. butter, melted
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F.
- COMBINE ALMOND FLOUR, coconut four, baking soda, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- ADD EGGS, COCONUT milk, and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl and combine well with a hand mixer. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- SLOWLY DRIZZLE THE melted butter into the bowl while the mixer is going and mix until fully combined. The mixture will become smooth, rather than grainy, once the butter is fully mixed.
- GREASE AN 8X8-INCH glass baking dish with your choice of fat and then pour the mixture in. Smooth the top with the back of the spoon and transfer the dish to the oven.
- BAKE FOR 25 minutes at 350°F.
- INCREASE THE HEAT to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes. This will crisp up the top of the cornbread.
- REDUCE THE HEAT back to 350°F and bake for the final 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure the inside is fully cooked. If not, keep cooking and test every 5 minutes.
- ALLOW TO COOL. Cut into small pieces and set it out overnight to dry out.