Seared Pork Chops with Braised Cabbage and Apples
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, medium diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 Medium head green cabbage cored, thinly sliced
- 2 Apples cored and cut into chunks
- 4 Pork Chops, (bone in, or boneless)
- 1⁄4 Cup bone broth (page 188 or 189)
- Horseradish aioli (page 179)
1. Remove pork chops from fridge and place on plate. Season with salt and pepper. Let rest while you braise cabbage and apples.
2. In a heavy bottomed skillet, sauté onions, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds in tablespoon coconut oil 5 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage and apples.
4. Stir and cook 2 minutes.
5. Add the broth , cover, and cook on low heat 30 minutes or until tender.
6. Meanwhile, cook pork chops.
7. Heat a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high.
8. Add a tablespoon coconut oil to pan. Place pork chops in pan without them touching.
9. Sear on each side until golden brown, around 4 minutes, depending on thickness.
10. Cover pan, and let chops sit 8 minutes.
11. Rest pork chops 3 minutes before serving.
12. Serve with braised cabbage and Horseradish Aioli.