Turkey, Basil and Artichoke Meatballs
*Serve with Spaghetti Squash
2 Small or 1 large spaghetti squash cooked (page 193)
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 Cup onion finely diced
1 - 14 oz can artichoke hearts diced
11⁄2 Lbs ground turkey
5 Tbsp fresh basil chopped or 3 tbsp dried
1 Tsp dried parsley
2 Tbsp almond flour
2 Cups marinara sauce (store bought or homemade page 174)
4 Cups spinach chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Cook spaghetti squash according to instructions (on p. 193) if you haven’t already done so.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bu er, onions, and artichokes.
4. Cook 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and cool.
5. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ground tur- key, onion-a ichoke mixture, basil, parsley, and almond flour.
6. Roll into meatballs 1" in diameter.
7. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parch- ment paper. Bake 15 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Heat marinara in a saucepan.
9. Add chopped spinach and simmer a cou-
10. Place cooked spaghetti squash on individual plates. Add meatballs and top with sauce.