Tomato Turkey and Brussels Sprouts Bowl
- 2 Tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Cups cabbage thinly shaved
- 1 Small head of cauliflower chopped
- 1–11⁄2 Lbs. Diced turkey breast (can substitute any protein)
- 2 Tsp. smoky spice blend (P. 185)
- 4–6 Cups baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1⁄4 Cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 Cup basil roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Avocados, cut into chunks
- Olive oil for drizzle or dressing of choice
1. In an extra large skillet over medium heat, melt fat.
2. Cook red onions 5 minutes or until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add cabbage and cauliflower. Cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. While veggies are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add chorizo or beef. Since chorizo produces a lot of fat, pour o fat as needed. Cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
5. Once veggies are tender, add spinach and cook a couple minutes.
6. Stir in red onions.
7. Turn off heat and add parsley and basil.
8. Add meat mixture to veggies. Season to taste.
9. Serve in individual bowls and top with cubed avocado.
10. Drizzle olive oil or dressing of choice on top.