Birds Nest Breakfast Skillet
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Zucchini shredded in food processor or by hand using a grater
- 2 Yellow Squash shredded in food processor or by hand using a grater
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 2 Cups greens of choice, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parsley chopped
- 6–8 Eggs (3–4 Eggs per person unless serving with another protein)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado Cubed
Saute half of sliced red onions in bu er and cook until they begin to caramelize.
Add 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, and 1 carrot (all shredded) and sauté a few minutes.
Next, add 1 cup greens and parsley and let cook 2 minutes.
Spread mixture out evenly in skillet. Create hollow indentation in middle.
Crack 3–4 eggs into the indentation and add about a teaspoon water around edge of skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let steam until eggs develop a so, white film over yolk and whites are cooked. This doesn’t take long—about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and use a spatula to transfer Bird’s Nest from pan to plate.
Drizzle with olive oil; top with 1⁄2 avocado cut into chunks; and add side raw sauerkraut, kimchi, or other fermented veggie if desired.