Butternut Squash Soup
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1⁄2 Red Onion Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander
- 1 Tsp salt
- 5–6 Cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- ONE 13.5-OZ. Can full-fat coconut milk or 2-3 cups homemade bone broth (page 188 or189)
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1. In a large pot, melt coconut oil.
2. Add red onions, garlic, coriander, and teaspoon salt.
3. Cook 5 minutes or until onion slices are translucent.
4. Add squash and stir to combine.
5. Add coconut milk and enough broth to barely cover squash.
6. Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
7. Once the squash is tender, remove the pot from heat and let cool for a bit before transferring to a blender.
8. Next, carefully blend soup in batches in a high-powered blender. Use a towel to hold lid in place and prevent hot liquid from escaping blender. Alternatively, use immersion blender.
9. Serve in individual bowls and top with pumpkin seeds if desired.