Chicken, Butternut Squash and Chard Stir Fry
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cubed
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 cup bone broth (page 110)
- 1 lb. swiss chard, deribbed and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
1. Melt coconut oil in large skillet on medium heat.
2. Salt and pepper chicken and add to skillet. Cook a few minutes until golden but not cooked through.
3. Add onion and butternut squash, followed by spices. Cook until squash is fork-tender.
4. Add broth and chard. Cook a few more minutes (until chard is cooked down). Cover with a lid to lightly steam chard.
5. Toss in the olives at the end and stir to warm mixture. Add more salt and pepper to taste before serving.