Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts
Prep and Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 Lb brussels sprouts
- Lard or bacon grease from properly raised pigs
- bacon or pork belly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- sea salt and pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
1. Cut fresh brussels sprouts in half.
2. Place in a deep fryer with lard. Add pork belly or bacon pieces. Note: If you don’t have a deep fryer, sauté brussels sprouts and pork belly pieces in a skillet using lard, bacon grease, or coconut oil.
3. Deep fry brussels sprouts with bacon pieces 2 minutes or until golden-brown.
4. Remove from the deep fryer and toss in a bowl with salt, pepper, and garlic. Then drizzle with balsamic reduction to taste.