Pear and Walnut Salad
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 10 MINUTES
- Ghee or coconut oil
- 2 Small chicken breasts or one large one butterflied
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4–6 Cups mixed greens of choice
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (toss with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1⁄2 Cup carrot shredded
- 1⁄4 Cup walnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp. avocado herb dressing (page 170)
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet, add coconut oil or ghee, place chicken in pan, and turn heat down to medium.
3. Cook chicken 4–5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
4. Slice into strips.
5. In 2 individual bowls, combine greens, onions, pears, and carrots.
6. Add chicken slices and walnuts to each bowl.
7. Top with Avocado-Herb Dressing