Raw Kale Avocado Salad with Apples
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch curly kale destemmed
- 1 tsp, salt
- 3-4 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1-1 1/2 cups apple, chopped (1 small apple works)
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/4 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/2- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Grab a handful of kale, roll it up, and chop into small pieces. Place chopped kale in bowl.
2. Add salt and olive oil to kale, mix well, and let sit.
3. Scoop meat out of halved avocado and place in bowl with kale. With clean hands, massage avocado, olive oil, and salt into kale, working them in until well-combined. The longer you massage, the softer the kale gets.
4. Once kale is soft, add chopped apple, avocado chunks, sliced onion, chopped pecans, and pomegranate seeds. Toss and serve.