Snapper with Herb Butter
- Four 5-8 oz Snapper Fillets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Fresh herbs (parsley and dill)
1. Salt flesh and skin of fillets. Pepper flesh side only. Sop up moisture with paper towels to get skin as dry as possible before cooking.
2. Melt tablespoon coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Gently place snapper skin side down. Snapper will sta to warp. Give it 1 minute to acclimate to pan and then gently press down on flesh with your fingers. You will feel a bubblelike sensation under your fingertips. This means moisture is cooking out of skin.
3. Once this stops, it’s time to flip fish onto flesh side and cook 2–3 minutes.
4. Remove fish from pan and set aside.
5. Melt butter in skillet. Add shallots and sauté until soft .
6. Add lemon juice and simmer 1 minute.
7. Turn off heat and add fresh herbs. Stir and pour over fish.