This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
- 11⁄2 Heads cauliflower, trimmed and coarsely chopped into chunks
- 3 Large eggs
- 1⁄4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one line (zest too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pulse cauliflower in food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. You should end up with about 4 packed cups of finely riced cauliflower.
3. Place cauliflower in pot with steamer basket and water. Steam 7–10 minutes, us- ing a fork to mix every 2–3 minutes until so . Cool a bit.
4. Transfer cauliflower to fine cheese- cloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. We suggest dishwashing gloves as protection.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add cauli- flower, cilantro, lime, salt, and pepper. Mix until well-combined.
6. Use your hands to form 8 small tortillas (quantity may vary depending on cauliflower size) and place them on parchment paper.
7. Bake 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and bake 5–7 more minutes or until completely set.
8. Remove from oven and place tortillas on wire rack to cool slightly.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.