This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Making this dish a great addition to your wellness plan. They are also known for reducing the risk of cancer, reducing blood pressure and inflammation.
Cook and prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts washed, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 clove garlic mashed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Place brussels sprouts in skillet with a few tablespoons of water covered.
2. Cook on medium heat, until brussels sprouts are soft. Approximately 5 minutes.
3. Uncover, and add in ghee, garlic and sea salt.
4. Cook on high, flipping occasionally until outer edges become browned. Approximately 3-5 more minutes.
5. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes in last minute of cooking. (optional)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8 g 12 %
Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 617 mg 26 %
Potassium 343 mg 10 %
Total Carbohydrate 11 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g 16 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g 8 %
Vitamin A 11 %
Vitamin C 107 %
Calcium 4 %
Iron 8 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.