This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Pear, Prosciutto & Pistachio Stuffing
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES: BREAD / 10 MINUTES: MIXTURE
COOK TIME: 55 MINUTES: BREAD / 70 MINUTES: STUFFING
- 4 Oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced, but into ribbons (optional).
- 2 Cups sweet onions, chopped
- 2 Cups diced fennel bulbs
- 3 Tsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped.
- ¹∕3 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¹∕3 Cup pistachios, shelled
- 8 Cups paleo bread (Recipe posted below-Make ahead of time)
- 1 1 4 -Ounce can organic chicken broth or veggie broth.
Paleo BreadNOTE: Make this a couple of days in advance.
- 2 Cups blanched almond flour
- 1 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tsp. sea salt
- 5 Organic eggs
- 1 Cup canned coconut milk
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 8 TBSP. butter, melted
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F.
- COMBINE ALMOND FLOUR, coconut four, baking soda, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- ADD EGGS, COCONUT milk, and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl and combine well with a hand mixer. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- SLOWLY DRIZZLE THE melted butter into the bowl while the mixer is going and mix until fully combined. The mixture will become smooth, rather than grainy, once the butter is fully mixed.
- GREASE AN 8X8-INCH glass baking dish with your choice of fat and then pour the mixture in. Smooth the top with the back of the spoon and transfer the dish to the oven.
- BAKE FOR 25 minutes at 350°F.
- INCREASE THE HEAT to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes. This will crisp up the top of the cornbread.
- REDUCE THE HEAT back to 350°F and bake for the final 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure the inside is fully cooked. If not, keep cooking and test every 5 minutes.
- ALLOW TO COOL. Cut into small pieces and set it out overnight to dry out.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.